Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Development

Zoe is growing in leaps and bounds. Not so much physically, but developmentally she's learning so much - acquiring new words, mastering new skills. She's a very inquisitive child. Of course, I'm not even remotely unbiased.

Here are a few recent photos. I love this view of Zoe in profile; I call it "The Beak."



Zoe is becoming quite the artist. She loves to draw in crayon and marker on her easel. This is one of her recent masterpieces. It's got a modern vibe to it; I think it's called "Study in Crayola Marker, No. 2."



(UPDATE: This morning we showed this photo to Zoe and asked her what it was. Zoe answered with the Mandarin word for "flower.")
(UPDATE 2: Jackie has informed me that what Zoe actually said was the word for "drawing," which in Mandarin has a similar sound but different inflection from "flower." Maybe she was trying to explain that it was a drawing of a flower...)

I'm not quite sure what this expression signifies; it looks to me like a combination of sheepishness and amusement. Jackie thinks Zoe looks like me in this photo.

No comments: