Friday, April 24, 2009

Sunshine again

As I am typing this, Zoe is in her crib. She is not napping however. Instead, she is sitting up and playing phone with her rabbit. By that I mean the bunny (Peter Rabbit to be exact) is put up to her ears and she is going "Hello? Oh? OH! Bye Bye." It is extraordinarily cute and reminds me of how much Zoe has come along in her development and how nice it is that the nasty week we just had is over (or probably over... not to jinx it). We are not quite sure what it is, but it is probably teething cum heat rash (for we had a heat wave that brought the temperatures to 102 F). Zoe was cranky, fragile, demanding. Who could blame her? She was in obvious discomfort and had great difficulty sleeping because of the ailment. I was quite flustered because I didn't have nerves of steel and did not know what to do. Is it eczema or is it heat rash? They look alike but the treatment plan is completely different (Aloe Vera Gel versus Aquaphore). In the end, I figured out that it is heat rash and slathered on the aloe vera. What a week!

Still, in spite of it all - lack of appetite, sore gums, angry rashes everywhere, a nasty fall - Zoe managed to string three words together two days ago. She said "Ernie and Bert." I'm glad the sun came back out again.

No comments: