Thursday, April 24, 2008

Nearly Eight Months


I haven't written here in a week or two, I think. It feels like a longer hiatus, however. Anyhow, all has been well the last two weeks or so and little has changed. Zoe is not yet crawling, though she wants to. She is very expressive and can be impatient. Mostly, she is very good natured. Her skin condition has improved, though her skin does turn red from time to time still.

I've been busy though, or at least I feel very busy. We had a little mold issue last week in the laundry room, which made me a little unhappy. The laundry room was horridly musty for a week. At first I thought it was a dead rodent up in the attic. We had the pest control people come out. He took one sniff and said "that is no dead rodent." We came to the conclusion that the funky smell might well be mold. Next, the mold guy came out to test the air, to see if we really have a mold problem. In the meanwhile, I called a few mold remediation companies as well as a leak detection company. Well, to make a long story short, after $450 in damage, we found out that there was indeed elevated mold spores in the laundry room. However, it was not at a level that suggests the necessity of drastic remediation. The leak experts also came out and found no leak (though they did tighten the brackets holding the pipes up in the attic) and the probable cause of the increased moisture is the dryer hose having come loose. So it was much ado about nothing. But I am glad it was about nothing than about something!

Else, I also started a compost pile. I put it together this morning. It was a lot of unfamiliar work and I did wonder, when a spider jumped at me, why I thought I was capable of this and if this vegetable garden thing - my new ambition - is not way over my head. But I finished it and so there it is. Being more green does require lifestyle changes!

No comments: