Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pasta Monster!!!


I shared my leftover Pasta lunch with Zoe this afternoon and I believe she loved it. Well, if intrigue, interest and a healthy appetite for it qualifies as love. First, as soon as I put the little pile of angel hair on her tray, she put her fingers into them with great gusto. Then, she handled them as if she was trying to understand its characteristics - a pull here, a stretch there, then a good many pats. She opened her mouth quite readily when I put some into her mouth. Then, she gave me one of those appreciative "thanks, mom" look. I think Zoe especially enjoyed the pasta because it was clearly my lunch too. Zoe likes to eat what we eat. Now, we just have to wait to see if there is any consequence to this rather laissez faire way of introducing food to her. It should be one new food per week and no compound food that contains more than one new ingredient at a time. The sauce contains four new foods, namely red pepper, garlic, pine nuts and basil.

No comments: