Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Birthday!

Hours Before Zoe Arrived

A year ago today, Zoe was still in my belly. But not for much longer. For a year ago tonight, I was already at the hospital experiencing contractions. It turned out to be a long labor. Thank goodness I finally came to my good senses and opted for the epidural. Now, today, that baby who was a 7 lbs 12 oz helpless but healthy bundle is a 17 lbs some rocket of energetic joy. A little person with her own opinions: "No!" "This" "That!" "Carry!"

Even mom and dad has come a long way. We are frazzled less frequently. We even seem to know what we are doing on some days! These days, I can breastfeed on the fly. It used to be that I needed all kinds of props. Breastfeeding pillows, stools... you name it.

We are really looking forward to celebrating baby's first birthday and our second year with her.

Here We Are Today

No comments: