Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Only eight months

It looks like my breastfeeding career is over. Evan has been on a nursing strike for more than a week now. It started because he caught the dreadful cold that swept through our household. He became congested and was not able to nurse. I think he couldn't breathe and it was such a horrible experience that he has since been agitated the minute I try to nurse him. I pumped for a week, and even went to rent a hospital pump yesterday. I figured I can ride this one out too. Then, today, this afternoon, after yet another dismal output, I decided to throw in the towel. Eight months (or seven months and three weeks some) is all the nursing Evan is going to get. Funnily enough, the last day he nursed was the Monday morning after Mother's Day. Zoe's last nurse was on Mother's Day morning. I'm going to have to work hard to get him the nutrition he needs. The boy's diapers have been awfully dry. He refuses to take any liquids from sippy cups. I'm forced to get liquid into him by mixing it with rice cereal or by feeding him sip by sip.

No comments: