Friday, May 2, 2008

New Toy


Perhaps it is my imagination, I feel that Zoe's current stash of toys are no longer exciting her. She plays with them, but they are the same things, cookie boxes and oatmeal containers included, she manipulates over and over again. It is time to find something new.

So, this morning, I took Zoe to Right Start to see if I can find a toy or two that might interest her. We came home with two. So far, she is very pleased with one of them. We'll probably only give her the second toy two or three weeks later, after she has explored all the bells and whistles of the new toy.

Talk about bells and whistles, I was very tempted and am still tempted to get her a little piano. Not an electronic one, but one made of wood. I saw one two weeks ago and the little red piano has stuck in my head. I nearly got it too, thinking that it would provide Zoe with hours of fun banging on the 24 notes keyboard. Then, at the store, I found out that it is made in China. A silly consideration of course, since I'm pretty sure her two new toys are made in China too. The only difference being that the piano is made of wood and and covered in a lovely red paint. Now, whether the paint is safe is the question.

No comments: