Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Firsts

I'm a little too tired to write at length all the new and cool things Zoe has been up too, so this would have to be in point form:

1. Zoe first got up onto a sitting position from a lying on her back position a couple of days ago (Sunday, I think). She was utterly delighted and triumphant the first time she did it. Since then, she has been busy mastering the skill and has been demonstrating as much by bouncing back up as soon as we put her down into the crib. She woke up last night, got into her upright position, and then cried for us. I had to go and get her back down in the middle of the night. She got back up, I guided her down. We read that babies can develop sleep issues during this time because they want to practice their new skills.

2. She ate rice today. Not rice in processed instant infant came-in-the-box form nor rice that has been cooked down into porridge and then pureed. Rather, just whole grains of rice. I was so proud of her when she reached to grab the rice. I fed her some and was surprised that she took them readily. That's a first! Ensie, our good friend, cooked the rice (Basmati). She thinks Zoe liked the texture.

3. Another first, even before the rice, was her feeding herself these infant biscuits I got her. They are called Farley Rusks and are made by Heinz in the United Kingdom. I grew up with these stuff and was delighted to find them in Major Market. Zoe has been chomping down on them.

That's it for tonight. I'm ready for bed!

No comments: