Friday, June 13, 2008

Play

I took this video about a week ago (8 days ago, to be exact). Here you can see Zoe's increasing range of interaction with her toys. We are definitely buying her more toys, despite my previous conviction not to do so. I think she has gotten to the stage where she is developing rapidly or perhaps all the wiring were being laid but the switches are only now turning on. I've been trying to expose her to a more varied diet of stimulations too. For example, I discovered a really nice park with a lovely playground just down the road from us and have been taking Zoe there to experience the swing and the slide and to observe other babies and children play. I think she really enjoys the park. Incidentally, yesterday, she waved (really waved) for the first time at the park. She waved to a boy toddler on the swing as we were leaving. I said bye-bye and was really surprised when she brought her arms up and waved. She waved before, but very hesitantly. I would call this a first real and obvious wave.

No comments: