Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Birthday parties


We attended Caroline 's 2nd birthday celebration last weekend. It was quite a big event, full of kids and parents. Perhaps I will always feel this way at birthday parties from hence on, but I felt a bit older just by looking at these kids grow, many of whom I recognized from last year's party, as they transform from tubby unstable crawlers/toddlers into self assured little girls and boys. Of course, the little ones were unaware of my feelings. They darted this way and that, yelled and squealed, marveled and explored. Our little Zoe was enthralled by all the new and unfamiliar toys. She also enjoyed sitting down at the little children's table. And she gulped down her first sugary juice package (the type sold in soft aluminum packages). Looking at her at the table watching the other kids reminded me that I have to get on with researching preschools for her. It is high time Zoe enters some structured learning/playing/socializing environment.

No comments: