Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wish List

I have been thinking about the sort of things I would like Zoe to have and making a list. It is not entirely one of my making. I've been observing the sort of toys Zoe gravitate towards in the store and seem to really love. Then, there's the ones we read are important to her developmentally. We won't be getting her the stuff on the list at one time, since we need to be more thrifty than usual. But more importantly, because there are some important lessons in having to wait, having desires that are unfulfilled. Scarcity builds character. Of course, I am telling that to myself too, to restraint my instinct to simply acquire everything that seems to interest Zoe. Zoe just have to wait for her birthdays and Christmases to come around.
List:
- A proper dollhouse (Zoe loves doll houses. She really enjoys the pretend play)
- A tricycle (not sure if she would love it, but she is very interested in seeing other kids ride theirs)
- Woodblocks (http://thevillageblocksmith.com/ because I think it would be cool. Zoe doesn't know this exist yet)
- A doll and pram (She loves the baby dolls at Gepetto's. She cuddles them and pretends to feed and bath them. But this is lower in priority, since I believe that she can easily make Teddy Bear do double duty as baby doll).
- Sand and water table
- Musical instruments like triangle and drums


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: