Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm So Excited!

Zoe spent her first official day at daycare today. Well, it is really 1/2 day since we arrived at 9 in the morning and I picked her up at noon again. It went unbelievably well. She was interested in the circle time (where the children gather in a circle and sing songs), she did not cry when I left (granted, she was quite distracted when I left and may not have noticed my "mama will come back to get you later, play with the kids for now."). And - contrary to expectations - she didn't cry the entire time she was there. According to the teacher, she made friends and had fun playing with the other kids. She also noted that the other kids were curious about her and were very friendly to Zoe. In short, Zoe had a good time. I am thrilled, thrilled, thrilled!!! Our little girl's little steps into the world. She even kissed Zhu Zhu Ahyi when we were leaving and waved goodbye to all the other kids.

No comments: