Saturday, May 15, 2010

New Template & New Title

I haven't been posting to the blog the last couple of months with great regularity. It all stemmed from frustration with blogger. For some reason, I was not able to post pictures. The upload would be successful, and the preview would show the picture but the actual published post would be sans picture. It was all very vexing. I was about to abandon Blogger altogether last night (after yet another failed attempt to understand why I could not longer post pictures) when Dennis finally intervened. After some investigation, we figured out that it is not my mac that is causing the problem (Dennis used my computer to post pictures to the blog successfully). After further investigation, we realized that the interface I got and the interface he got for posting to the blog was different. Finally, clever Dennis found out that blogger had switched me to "Updated Editor," which clearly wasn't working out for me. He switched me back to "Old Editor," and voila, everything works the way it did again. I am happy as a clam again, but until Dennis resolved it, I was a raving mad bull about to rip some asses and rib cages! Have I become a Luddite? I really don't like it when technology company - albeit ones providing free service to me - change things without asking and change things for the worse no less.

Anyhow, now that the picture upload is resolved, and I feel renewed vigor towards keeping our blog updated, I thought it is a good idea to change the address and blog title to reflect the expected arrival of baby boy Kim. Dennis agrees and so we changed the address from Dennisjackie to Fourkims and to shorten the title from "Adventures and Misadventures of Dennis, Jackie, & Zoe" to simply "Growing Children, Growing Plants." It is more accurate too since we are out hiking & backpacking less (or hardly) these days and our main preoccupation (after work and Zoe) is gardening.

I also changed the template to reflect the changes that are happening and will be happening. I'll probably muck around a little more before settling on a look that both Dennis and I like.

1 comment:

Jeannie T's Travel Blog said...

Jackie! I can't believe your garden is soo big!!!!