Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A woman's love of shoes must be innate

Dennis and I decided that a woman's love of shoes must be innate. Today, Zoe saw for the first time the pair of sandals PoPo and Gong Gong bought for her. First she tried to put the pair of sandals on herself. Without success, she let Dennis help her. When it was on, she looked down at her feet and declared them "lovely." Then, she did a little pose with them. Dennis kept asking me if I taught her this, unbelieving that our little girl has such a love for shoes. It has nothing to do with me! As much as I love shoes, I haven't indulged in shoes in a long while and so she has never seen me salivate after shoes. It must be instinct.

Talk about instinct, we are also very pleased with Zoe's generous instinct. Today, a Giggle Store catalog arrived in the mail and I showed it to Zoe. She studied it closely and not long after pointed to a playmat said "Mama, you should buy this for baby brother! He will like it." She also admired greatly a height chart (because it has a few star fish on it) and said that "I'll get this for baby brother." It made us smile. Bun 2 is so lucky. His big sister already loves him so!

No comments: