Sunday, June 6, 2010

Garden Growth

It appears that the few strawberry transplants I put into the ground have recovered from the neglect and abuse I put them through. I wasn't sure if they were going to make it since they looked so at the brink of death when I put them in. I'm glad to see them flowering and even fruiting!



I got around to thinning out the Choggia beets I started as seeds some weeks ago. I took out 14 ounce of it and I guess we'll be eating stir-fried beet greens some time this week. It is pretty amazing. The little plot we cultivated is already providing us with so much greens that we really have no need to buy any vegetables from the market anymore.

On a different note, we finally - after more than two months of delay - planted the plum tree yesterday. We had it set on the west side of our property and today I scattered carrot, shiso and lettuce seeds around the tree. I put the carrot seeds further away from the root ball so that they don't disturb the roots of the plum tree.

No comments: