Friday, August 21, 2009

Oh So Excited

Zoe doesn't know that her birthday is coming soon. But we do and we are - or I should say I am in particular - very excited about it. Two years!!! I lived every day of the last two years and yet, except for the fact that I have this little bundle of energy and personality as evidence for it, I find it hard to believe that we have been parents for just about two years now. It is just so fun now too, now that Zoe's ability to communicate with us has reached that point where she can mostly tell us what she wants and what fascinates her. It is so fun to to watch her catch on, see, process and adapt for herself new knowledge everyday.

And I enjoy the little moments we have. Yesterday, when we were at Kate Sessions Park, we strolled down the hill hand in hand. Zoe was clearly enjoying the view, as I was. And she was thrilled too to be holding my hand, as shown by the beaming wide smile she had on her face. With her other free hand, she pointed to things she saw. "Ocean!" "Boat!" And I thought, "ah, memory, serve me well, let me remember this moment years from now, when I am old and she is grown. Let the memory of this wash over me so that I may feel the happiness of it again and again."

Talk about happiness, we hope the gift we have for Zoe - a very large dollhouse - would bring her lots of happiness (and any hours of entertainment). It arrived two weeks ago to much anticipation. Dennis assembled it that very evening and it is taking a lot of will power for me to not show it to her. But I mustn't spoil her birthday surprise must I?

Oh, so excited!!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: