Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sorely Disappointed

In our house hunting journey, I've reached that part where I think it more a trial than a journey. We have seen - or I should say I have seen - more than a hundred houses now and yet our first matrimonial home elude us. Not that we haven't seen anything that we like. We have put in two bids unsuccessfully. One of them for a house that we both loved (thus far the only one that is so out of the hundred and more that we have seen). The unsuccessful bids rankled because we could have them. Why didn't we go as far as we could have? Then, recently, we had to contend with diminishing supply and increasing prices. I fretted that we lost our chance to buy a good house in a location that we want and that is affordable to our means. Then, last week, lo and behold, I saw two houses that have great potential. Unfortunately, they weren't perfect. Dennis didn't love one of them (the one I could envision Zoe playing happily in the garden). The other meant a much longer commute for Dennis. But the price - the price!!! - was so good. I guess so good that both houses received bids and accepted them within two days.

I feel tremendously vexed by all this. I have managed to allay my nesting instinct for a while now. These days, they are out in hot fury. I'm going to vent right here: I want our house NOW!!!

No comments: